17 February 2015

healthy overnight oats

Who else here loves Pinterest? You can find a whole number of different recipes, diys, photographs, basically everything you could ever need online ;)

I recently came across a recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Overnight Oats (see here for the original recipe). Unfortunately, lacking ingredients, I had to make some modifications. Mine does not taste like cookie dough, but is still pretty damn good! Here's how I make it.


This serves two, so it lasts me two days. On the second day I tend to add half a banana just before eating, as most of the banana I originally included was eaten on the first day.


Ingredients
1 cup oats
1 cup (240ml) milk
1 banana
1 tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of sea salt
2 tsp honey
Dark chocolate chips

Method
1. Microwave the banana (sliced) for 30 secs.
2. Combine all ingredients (except chocolate chips) in a mason jar (or other airtight container) and shake.
3. Leave in the fridge overnight.
4. Before eating, add chocolate chips, [optional: and 1/2 banana (sliced)].


And there you go! Yummy, healthy breakfast! Since I swapped my normal cereal for this, I have had a lot more energy and noticed a little less bloating! Of course, it doesn't taste like cookie dough like the original recipe, but it does taste deliciously of dark chocolate and banana. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment