12 October 2013

A Fresh Start...

Recently, I've been having more and more ideas for this blog. I first started it on July 23rd 2012 and I solely intended to post patterns and the occasional update whenever I disappeared.

It's been a long time since I've posted anything other than patterns, due to my GCSEs and my dance, and there's nothing I can do about that.

But I do have a couple of ideas to get the ball rolling once more, or to even start it rolling in the first place.


On Tuesdays I will be posting a link to a song and writing about the reasons I chose it. Maybe this way you will be able to listen to something new.

On Sundays I will be writing about what good things are happening in my life. I'm going to try to write at least five each time, as a way to focus on the good and not the bad.

Lastly, for the minute anyway, on the last day of each month I will be summing up my whole month, both in writing and in pictures.


My head is currently a mixture of knitting and crochet, dancing, and photography. So my posts will mainly follow along those lines, but may stray occasionally.

For example now. I know someone in the X FACTOR!!!

 

Joe "Connor" Conaboy (second from right) has made it through to the live shows on the X Factor with his group 'Kingsland Road'. I doubt he remembers me, but we used to dance at the same dance school, Impact Dance with Hayley.

The time I remember most vividly is when the theme for our annual show was 'Around the World in 90 minutes'. He was dancing in a dance called Africa, and he was one of only two guys in the dance, since there were loads more girls. He and Rob (the other guy) were constantly walking around backstage with just a pair of shorts on with grass skirts (or something similar) on top. No shirts.

So to all the girls screaming and going crazy about Kingsland Road on the X Factor? All I can say is that I've hi-fived him, talked to him and seen him shirtless.

That makes me feel pretty happy, actually :)

No comments:

Post a Comment