2 February 2014

Think Happy...17/52...

Well it's Sunday again! How are you all, and how's your week been? I hope it's been good :)

1. This week I've really been able to hear the birds singing in the mornings while walking to school, and at those times it feels like spring is almost here! But other times leads me to think that winter hasn't yet started, what with all the rain we've been getting. I really hope the weather starts to cheer up soon.


2. Dance classes yet again. I had my hair in a baby quiff and tons of makeup on, all for a photoshoot for the programme for when we dance in London. I'm so excited!!


Hannah isn't dancing in London with me, but she did my bronzer for me :)

Also, contemporary class on Tuesday was so hysterically funny, from 'running like peacocks and apes' to racing to see if we were locked into the car park! Never had so much fun!


3. Cats rehearsals today were good. Because our choreographer was off ill, our director taught us a couple of new songs, meaning we're more or less done! With less than eight weeks until the performances, all we need to do now is practise and practise and practise.

Today, Charlotte (our Grizabella) watched us dance through the Jellicle Ball and gave us all feedback, including for me to act the role more. Apparantly I dance perfectly, but I need to become the chatacter more. So we ran through the twelve-minute dance once more and I really went OTT with the acting, earning a number of smiles and head nodding from Charlotte and our director, which was extremely nice!

I've never been great at acting - only scraping low level 5's in year eight drama classes (not great - at year six you want to be working at high level 5's!); so today I've finally been given some criticism to act upon. At dance I hardly ever get criticism, so it feels good to be able to see myself growing as a performer.


4. I've been working on some new crochet designs, so keep your eyes open for a sneak peak soon!


5. Just this week in general, really! I made up with a close friend after falling out, which was super nice!! Hope it stays this way! We've also had some sunny weather over the weekend, although I doubt that will last.


That's all for today, folks; I hope your week has been as good as mine has, and I hope to see you again next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment